Wednesday 19 May 2010

broadcast from the Purple Revolution*

.
* work in progress


YOUTUBE VIDEO - Take Back Parliament, London Rally, 15 May 2010



And if you haven't heard music from James in a while, now is the time!

James: a band born in the '80s in Manchester.

The most Romantic and supremely memorable job I had at uni was working in a nightclub cloakroom. The only night from the regular repertoire I remember was the Madchester night, and I used to love it. I sat with my books, pretending to work my way through some work of Eng Lit, meanwhile the sounds of Morrissey, The Smiths, James, New Order (etc) really kept me entertained.

Madchester: a music scene born in the late 80s/early 90s in Manchester;
mixing indie rock, psychedelic rock & dance music

Madchester: The music scene that came out of this very particular northern town, in a very particular space in time.

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember you working in a nightclub?!
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Madchester night Kitty. Sounds ace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous#1 - yes, the Harvey Milk Bar in the Student Union

    ReplyDelete